Colorful Beet Pickled Eggs
Eggs - 6 nos
Beetroot - 3 nos
Apple cider vinegar - 1/2 Cups
Sugar - 1/2 Cup
Salt : 2 pinch
Water : 4 Cups
Mayonnaise - 4 table spoon (Optional)
Mustard - 4 table spoon (Optional)
Have you ever wondered on how to make the beet colored eggs which you got on your visit to a friends house? then its quiet easy. These pickled eggs are simply hard boiled eggs that are cured in vinegar. This is a really simple recipe and your kids get a kick out of the pinkish-purple eggs.
Pickled eggs preparation
- Hard-boil the eggs (Add the eggs to cold water with 2 pinch salt and keep it on the stove until a rolling boil. Then turn off the flame & let sit in the same hot water for 15 minutes. Rinse the eggs in cold water and keep it in cold water until you are ready to use them or refrigerate) and peel them.
- In a big vessel, combine the sliced beetroots with vinegar and sugar.
- Boil it and keep stirring it until the sugar dissolves. Allow it cool down for a bit, but leave warm.
- Transfer the solution to a container and dip the eggs in it.
- Seal and store in the refrigerator.
- Take the eggs out after 2 Days and rinse them shortly with cold water.
To pickle / garnish :
- Slice each of the eggs lengthwise and carefully remove the egg yolks.
- Mash the egg yolks with a fork and mix them with mayonnaise and mustard.
- Fill the egg yolks into the egg halves with a piping bag.
Prolonged exposure to the pickling solution may result in a rubbery texture to the eggs.
Have you seen other egg recipes?
This entry was written on
February 8th, 2015 by Renoos
and tagged with pickled eggs recipe
, make egg pickle
, egg pickle
, non vegetarian
, egg pickle recipe
, egg pachadi
, quail egg pickle
. Last revised on February 20th, 2015.
More mouth watering recipes!
Tried & Tasted by
I'm Renoos, officially called as Dr Regina M, a doctor at profession, good wife at home and a budding cook in Kitchen. I'm completely in love with food and you'll most likely find me covered in flour, chocolate or both if I am not at the hospital :) You can follow Renoos at :