- Tapioca : 1 large
- Salt : as needed
- Water : 500ml
- Oil : for frying
Its raining outside and I am in need of some fried crispy snacks. Ah, there is the dried tapioca slices in the shelf. Let me have tapioca chips for this evening. You wanna join me? come on, lets make it together.
Preparation of tapioca chips
- Peel off the outer brown covering of tapioca (kappa) and cut it in to 2 inch pieces.
- Boil the tapioca along with salt and water.
- Cook for 10 minutes and turn off the flame, drain the water with help of a colander and allow it to cool.
- Slice the cooked kappa in to small pieces length wise (2 inch) and spread it in a large plate.
- Dry the sliced pieces in sunlight for 2 days or until it dries completely.
- Boil oil in a pan and put the dried tapioca slices in to the boiled oil.
- Fry them until tapioca slices becomes light brown or crispy.
- Remove from oil and drain the excess oil with paper napkins / kitchen towel.
- Sprinkle 2 pinch salt over the chips and mix well.
- Enjoy hot tapioca chips with hot cup of tea.
- The dried tapioca can be saved for months if kept in air tight container. You can fry them as and when needed.