- Idiyappam : 5 nos
- Onion sliced - ¼ cup
- Carrot sliced : ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder : 1 pinch
- Curry leaves : 2 twigs
- Sultanas (dried black grapes) : 1 tbsp
- Cashewnut : 1 tbsp
- Ghee : 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Salt : to taste
In our previous post we gave you the recipe on how to prepare tasty kerala idiyappams. Now with that idiyappams we will make a different dish – Idiyappam Upma. Try this different recipe at home and let me know your feedback’s.
- You need to prepare Idiyappams at first, cut them into small pieces and keep aside.
- In a frying pan pour ghee and heat it.
- Add mustard seeds and saute it.
- When the mustard seeds starts to crackle, add cashew nut and raisins followed by onion slices and carrot.
- Add curry leaves over it and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder for the color and the sliced idiyappams.
- Mix well.
- Adjust seasoning and serve it hot.