Prepration time:45 Minutes
Persons served: 4 Persons
- 4 cups Penne Pasta (Wheat-based)
- For Veggies:
- 1 cup Thick-sliced Carrots
- 10 Broccoli Florets
- 5 Sliced Button Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Salt, to taste
- For Sauce:
- 1/4 cup Tomato Puree
- 1/4 cup Tomato Ketchup
- 4 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Herbs (A combo of Oregano, Thyme, Basil, Parsley, Crushed black pepper)
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Sauce
- Salt, to taste
Anything that comes with garlicky flavor works great to me. Here is a very famous, easy and authentic Italian dish – “Garlic Pasta” for all those who love garlic and pasta separately, but haven’t tried them in a combo.
There are many ways to prepare this pasta sauce, but it is kept simple to be cooked in every kitchen 🙂
Italian Garlic Pasta Preparation
- Cook pasta in salted boiling water for around 10 mins till they are 85-90% done.
- Drain excess water, rinse with tap water and apply 2 tsp olive oil over it. Keep it aside.
- Boil water with a pinch of salt and add broccoli and carrots in it. Parboil it for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer it to a big bowl and add salt, olive oil, oregano and paprika along with sliced mushrooms. Mix well.
- Arrange veggies on baking tray. Oven-roast it for around 15-20 mins on 200 degrees.
- Heat 2 tsp olive oil in a pan and add minced garlic in it. Saute it for a min.
- Add tomato puree and ketchup into it. Mix dried herbs, red chilly sauce and cook it for 2 mins. Sauce is ready!
- Add cooked pasta and veggies in the same pan. Add extra salt if required and toss it gently.
- Cook for a min and serve hot with Garlic Bread or a plate of Butter Rice 🙂