- Unripe / Green Jack Fruit : 2 large cups
- Beef - 1/2 kg
- Ginger and Garlic Paste - 1 tsp each
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Pepper powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Shallots / Kunjulli chopped - 1 tsp
- Coconut oil - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves : 1 or 2 twig
- Salt : As needed
This is a recipe to prepare traditional Kerala jackfruit and beef mix. Jackfruit meat mix aka “chakayum erachiyum” is an old traditional Kerala food item. You will love it if you love spicy foods. Its a recipe I collected from my grand mother. This is an easy to prepare one and a typical nadan chakka recipe.
Preparation of Jackfruit meat mix.
- Slice the green jackfruits into ring sized pieces and wash it.
- Cut the beef with bones into small pieces and pressure cook it for 5-7 whistles with grinded garlic, ginger , chilli powder, coriander, turmeric powder, pepper powder, garam masala, salt and keep it aside.
- Add the sliced jackfruits to it.
- Cook again for another 2 whistles.
- Take it from the stove and mix it well in a big vessel.
- Give low flame to the vessel to keep the mix hot while mixing.
- Heat oil in a pan, Splutter mustard seeds and fry curry leaf, shallots & dried chilli for seasoning.
- Add this seasoning mix to the jackfruit meat mix.
- Serve it hot.