- Cashewnut powder : 1/2 kilogram
- Sugar : 1 cup
- Saffron (kesar) : 5 - 6 strands
- Ghee : 2 tablespoons
- Silver varq / foil : 6 - 8 leaves
Kaju barfi is a mouth watering Indian delicious sweets for all occasions usually in the form of lozenge. The main ingredients in Kaju Barfi is Cashew nut. This is one of the most expensive Indian Sweets when compared to other Barfis.
Kaju barfi preparation
- In a bowl with three fourth cup of water dissolve sugar and bring it to boil.
- Add saffron to the solution and cook it till it forms a syrup of three thread like consistency.
- In a pan melt the ghee and add this to the syrup.
- Add cashew nut powder and mix it thoroughly.
- Allow it to cool slightly.
- Knead it well and roll it into half centimeter thick rectangle.
- Spread silver foil over these and cut it into diamond shaped pieces of approximately one and half inch.