Prepration time:60 Minutes
Persons served: 4 Persons
- Raw mango sliced : 1/2
- Ginger vertically chopped : 1cup
- Garlic vertically chopped : 1 tbsp
- Green chilly sliced circular : 5 nos
- Curry leaves : 1 sring
- Mustard Seeds : 1 tbsp
- Red Chilly powder : 2tbsp
- Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
- Asafoetida powder : 1/4 tsp
- Fenugreek powder : 1/4 tsp
- coconut oil saute : 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water : 1 cup
Its the summer season and the season of Mangoes. Let me give you an easy but tasty Kerala style instant mango pickle (Manga achar) recipe.
Preparation of Mango pickle
- Peel the skin of mangoes and cut them into small pieces.
- In a bowl mix the sliced mangoes, salt and keep it overnight.
- On the next day, add garlic and green chillies to it.
- In a pan add coconut oil, splutter the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Add ginger to the pan and saute them till raw smell goes and reduce the flame to low.
- Then add Red Chilly powder, Turmeric powder, Fenugreek powder, Asafoetida powder saute for 2 minutes (don’t overheat).
- Add little water to form a thick paste.
- Add the ingredients in the bowl to the pan and and turn off the flame.
- Mix well and transfer it to a jar and better start serving after three days.
- Can be served with rice or kanji.
- Use only clean dry spoon to take the pickle. It will prevent fungal growth in the jar.
- Tightly close the lid after each use.
- Don’t use steel jar for storing ,because there will be reaction between the salt and the steel.
- If you are using pickle powder, after the step 4, add pickle powder, warm it and saute. Skip to step 8 and continue.