- 1/2 cup Fenugreek Leaves
- 1/2 cup Spinach Leaves
- 1/2 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 cup Mint leaves
- 2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tsp Oil (for kneading) + pan-frying
- Lukewarm water, as required
I always try making a different type of paratha as making Rotis every-time sounds a little boring to me 😛 This time I tried creating a medley of my favorite greens in form of leafy paratha !!! Believe me, its aroma was so wonderful and taste… huh, simply superb 🙂
Leafy paratha is a balanced meal with a great combination of cereals, pulses and vegetables. Try this easy leafy paratha and let me know your comments and thoughts.
Leafy paratha preparation
- Finely chop all 4 leafy veggies and keep it aside.
- Take wheat flour in another bowl and add salt, cumin powder along with chopped leaves.
- Knead a soft dough using lukewarm water.
- Take 2 tsp of oil and knead dough for 2-3 more mins.
- Cover it with a lid or cling wrap and let it rest for 10-15 mins.
- Divide the mixture in 12 lemon-sized balls and roll each of them into around 7-8″ diameter.
- Place one on flat-pan and dry roast it on one side.
- After a few seconds, flip it around and apply few drops of oil on golden-brown surface.
- Flip it again and apply oil on the other side too.
- Cook till you see golden-brown spots on both the sides.
- Serve hot with Pickle Masala!!!