- For Basic Masala Powder
- Coriander powder; 4 table spoon
- Chilli powder; 2 table spoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 table spoon
- Cumin powder: 1/2 table spoon
- Garam masala: 1/4 table spoon
- Curry leaves: 2 sprigs (Fried and powdered)
Whether its a vegetable curry, fish or meat curry spices are the must ingredients which will add the flavor and the uniqueness to the curries. The differences in the masala powders makes the curries different. In this post, I will tell you how to prepare healthy/adulterant free Indian curry masala powders at your kitchen. This include basic masala powder, fish masala powder, meat masala powder, garam masala, sambhar masala powder etc. Once you learn this basic version of masala powder preparations, you can customize it yourself and try different combinations.
Preparation of basic masala powder
- Mix all the ingredients for basic masala powder preparation. For a better flavor and smell, you can warm it slightly before adding to curries.
Preparation of fish masala powder
- Fenugreek: 20gm
Kashmiri chilli: 30gm
Basic Masala Powder: 100gm
- Warm and powder fennel, fenugreek. Mix this with the basic curry powder along with kashmiri chilli powder.
Preparation of meat masala powder
- Powdered mustard seeds: 10gm
Black cumin: 20gm
Basic masala powder: 150gm
- Warm and powder mustard seeds, black cumin, fenugreek, fennel powder and mix well with basic masal powder. Keep in air tight container.
How to make garam masala powder?
- Fennel : 30gm
Cumin: 40 gm
Bay leaves: 2
Mace (javitri): 30gm
Black pepper: 10gm
- Powder and mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Use as needed.
How to make sambar powder?
- Coriander powder: 4table spoon
Chilli powder; 2 table spoon
Turmeric powder: 1table spoon
Cumin powder: 1/2 table spoon
Curry leaves: 2 sprig (fried and powdered)
Bengal gram: 30gm (Roasted and powdered)
- Mix all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container. Use as needed.
How to make biriyani masala powder?
- Coriander powder:4 table spoon
Chilli powder: 2 table spoon
Turmeric powder:1 table spoon
Mace (javitri): 10gm
Bay leaves: 2
- Warm and powder all the ingredients together. Use as needed.