- Eggs : 3 nos
- All-purpose flour / Wheat powder : 2 Cups
- Vegetable oil : 1 1/4 cups
- White sugar : 2 cups
- Confectioners' sugar : 4 cups
- Vanilla extract : 2 teaspoons
- Baking soda : 2 teaspoons
- Baking powder : 2 teaspoons
- Salt : 1/2 teaspoon
- Grated Cinnamon : 2 teaspoons
- Grated Carrots : 3 cups
- Grated Nutmeg : 1 teaspoon
- Grated Coconut : 90 gm
- Butter, softened : 1/2 cup
- Cream cheese, softened : 120 gm
- Lemon extract : 1 1/2 table spoon
This is the recipe for a yummy and nutritional carrot cake which you can serve in all occasions. This is probably the best carrot cake We’ve ever had. My husband loves it…
Carrot cake preparation
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C.
- Oil and line the base and sides of an 8 inch square cake tin with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl blend together the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt and keep it aside.
- In another large bowl, beat together eggs, vegetable oil, white sugar and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Blend it in a mixer for 2 minutes.
- Mix #3 and #4 slowly.
- Add carrots and grated coconut to the mix.
- Bake the mix in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow it to cool in pan for 10 – 15 minutes.
To Make Topping / Frosting:
- In a bowl mix the butter, soft cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and the lemon extract. Beat it until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Frost the cooled cake.
You can keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight vessel. Take it out 1 hour before serving. You can also warm it in a microwave.