- Carrot : 2 nos
- Beetroot : 1 medium sized
- Potato : 3 nos
- Finely chopped Onion : 1 big sized
- Ginger (Chopped) : 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli (Chopped) : 2-3
- Turmeric powder : 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder : 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder : 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
- Bread crumbs : 1 cup
- Beaten Eggs : 2
- Salt : as needed
- Oil : for frying
Looking for a vegetable snack for your iftaar/Ramadan? Then try this vegetable cutlet recipe. These vegetable cutlets are very popular snack items ideal for tea time or as an appetizers. Try this step by step veg cutlet recipe and let me know your comments or thoughts.
Preparation of Vegetable cutlet
- Pressure cook the potatoes, carrot and beetroot.
- Peel the potatoes, beetroot and mash all of them together. Keep it aside.
- Mean while in a medium sized pan pour some oil and heat it. Add the chopped onions, ginger, green chillies and saute till it turns soft.
- Add pepper powder, garam masala and saute it for 2- 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cooled add the mashed vegetables and mix well using your hands. (The mixture should hold shape when rolled into balls).
- Now roll out small portions of the mixture into lime sized ball and flatten them between your palms to give it shape.
- Dip each of the cutlets in beaten egg and roll them in breadcrumbs, making sure that all sides are nicely and evenly coated.
- In another pan heat the oil and deep fry the cutlets in medium flame till they become golden brown.
- Serve these tasty veg cutlets hot with tomato Ketchup.