Vegetable cutlet – Kerala style
Carrot : 2 nos
Beetroot : 1 medium sized
Potato : 3 nos
Finely chopped Onion : 1 big sized
Ginger (Chopped) : 1 tablespoon
Green chilli (Chopped) : 2-3
Turmeric powder : 1 teaspoon
Red chilly powder : 1 teaspoon
Pepper powder : 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
Bread crumbs : 1 cup
Beaten Eggs : 2
Salt : as needed
Oil : for frying
Looking for a vegetable snack for your iftaar/Ramadan? Then try this vegetable cutlet recipe. These vegetable cutlets are very popular snack items ideal for tea time or as an appetizers. Try this step by step veg cutlet recipe and let me know your comments or thoughts.
Preparation of Vegetable cutlet
- Pressure cook the potatoes, carrot and beetroot.
- Peel the potatoes, beetroot and mash all of them together. Keep it aside.
- Mean while in a medium sized pan pour some oil and heat it. Add the chopped onions, ginger, green chillies and saute till it turns soft.
- Add pepper powder, garam masala and saute it for 2- 3 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture is cooled add the mashed vegetables and mix well using your hands. (The mixture should hold shape when rolled into balls).
- Now roll out small portions of the mixture into lime sized ball and flatten them between your palms to give it shape.
- Dip each of the cutlets in beaten egg and roll them in breadcrumbs, making sure that all sides are nicely and evenly coated.
- In another pan heat the oil and deep fry the cutlets in medium flame till they become golden brown.
- Serve these tasty veg cutlets hot with tomato Ketchup.
Want to learn more cutlet recipes? check these.
This entry was written on
February 7th, 2015 by Renoos
in Appetizers and Snacks
and tagged with vegetable cutlet
, spicy vegetable cutlet recipe
, kerala vegetable cutlet recipe
, indian vegetable cutlet
, how to make veg cutlet
, best cutlet recipes
, cook vegetable cutlet
, evening snack
. Last revised on February 19th, 2015.
More mouth watering recipes!
Tried & Tasted by
I'm Renoos, officially called as Dr Regina M, a doctor at profession, good wife at home and a budding cook in Kitchen. I'm completely in love with food and you'll most likely find me covered in flour, chocolate or both if I am not at the hospital :) You can follow Renoos at :