- Medium sized potatoes : 2
- Corn flour : 4 tsp
- Chilli Powder - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala / Chat masala : ½ tsp
- Lemon juice extract : 1 lemon
- Onion : 1 small size (cut into very small pieces)
- Green chilly : 3 nos(Slit into small pieces)
- Salt : as needed (½ tsp)
- Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Preparing aloo fry is the easiest thing any amateur cook can do. You can serve this as an evening snack along with a little ketchup.
PS : It will be better if you use fresh potatoes for this.
Step by Step Aloo fry preparation
- Prepare a solution of cornflour with a pinch of salt and water. The consistency should be semithick so that it will coat the potato pieces unifromly.
- Pressure cook the potatoes for up to 3 whistles. Once pressure it released, peel of the potatoes and cut them into small identical sized cubes.
- Coat them evenly with the corn flour solution.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the potatoes for 3-4 minutes until the color changes to olden brown.
- In another pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion pieces, green chillies, curry leaves and saute it until the onion turns yellow color.
- Add the fried potato pieces, add red chilly powder, garam masala, salt, lemon extract one after another and saute total for a 2-3 minutes. The potato pieces should be evenly coated with the masala.
- Turn off the flame and transfer to a servin bowl. Serve hot with some ketchup.