Prepration time: 30 Minutes
Persons served: 10 Persons
- Boneless chicken – 1/2 kg
- Potato : 3 boiled & mashed
- Finely chopped Onion : 1 big sized
- Ginger (Chopped) : 1 tablespoon
- Green chilli (Chopped) : 2-3
- Turmeric powder : 1 teaspoon
- Red chilly powder : 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder : 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala : 1 teaspoon
- Bread crumbs : 1 cup
- Beaten Eggs : 2
- Salt : as needed
- Oil : for frying
Don't know about an ingredient?
Check our food dictionary!
Check our food dictionary!
Chicken cutlets are an easy to prepare evening snack food which I am sure your Kids and other relatives will love. It is prepared from minced boneless chicken and mashed potatoes. This recipe will give you an awesome chicken cutlet. Don’t forget to send us your photos or comments after you try this. This is also a good item for iftaar / Ramzan. You can also freeze this for 2-3 weeks.
Chicken Cutlets preparation
- Pressure cook the potatoes and peel and mash it. Keep it aside.
- Cut the chicken in to small pieces and apply the red chilly powder and turmeric powder on the pieces and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Pressure cook the chicken pieces with little water and salt.
- Mean while in a medium sized pan pour some oil and heat it. Add the chopped onions, ginger, green chillies and saute till it turns soft.
- Mince the chicken meat and add it to the pan along with the pepper powder, garam masala. Saute it for 10- 15 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and allow the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Once it is cooled add the mashed potatoes and mix well using your hands. (The mixture should hold shape when rolled into balls).
- Roll out small portions of the mixture into lime sized ball and flatten it between the palms to give it shape.
- Dip each cutlet in beaten egg and roll them in breadcrumbs, making sure that all sides are nicely coated.
- In another pan heat the oil and fry the cutlets in medium flame till they are golden brown.
- Serve with tomato Ketchup.
January 12, 2014 at 8:11 pm
Gr8 recipe. Thanks for sharing, really loved it.
January 12, 2014 at 10:05 pm
@riyas : thank you 🙂
August 21, 2014 at 6:11 am
hi renoo….i tried the uzhunnu vada using your recipe and it turned out really nice. I am not very interested in cooking but I don’t shy away from trying out a new recipe either….so it was wonderful to try out one and see it come out perfect. thanks for sharing the recipe with us.
August 29, 2014 at 7:37 pm
Welcome to CC. So happy that the recipe worked well for you. Thanks a bunch for the comment!
June 10, 2016 at 2:17 pm
I’m eagerly waiting to cook dis cutlet receipe…its looks awesome…
June 14, 2016 at 5:54 pm
Thanks for trying the recipe Yasha. Waiting for your feedback 🙂
June 19, 2016 at 2:33 pm
Interesting…Today I will try this…
June 21, 2016 at 5:37 am
How long to cook the chicken in the pressure cooker ?
June 21, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Just like cooking regular chicken – for two whistles.
December 26, 2016 at 7:15 am
Made kerala chicken cutlets! Thanks they turned out wonderfully well!
December 27, 2016 at 9:09 am
@Monica: Thanks for trying the recipe and dropping us your comments. Glad to know it came out well for you.. 🙂
January 5, 2017 at 10:41 am
I tried ur recipe,and well done.thanx for d wonderful recipe.i hav a doubt ,
Can i freeze d cutlet mixture for making cutlets later?
February 9, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Hi Fathima, No issues. You can freeze it. But I recommend to use it within 1 week.
December 1, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Tried chicken cutlet today they were very tasty. Thank you for the receipe:)
March 19, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Easy to make recipe. Thank you very much.
March 20, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Thank you John 🙂