Egg masala curry recipe
Boiled egg : 6 Nos
Onion : 3 medium sized, vertically sliced
Green chillies : 5Nos vertically sliced
Tomatoes : 1 medium sized sliced
Chilly powder : 11/2 tsp
Coriander powder : 3 tsp
Garam masala : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 spoon
Garlic : 8 cloves
Coconut oil : 3tsp
Curry leaves : 1 stem
Water : as needed
Salt : as needed
This morning we had my mom’s special egg masala curry with Appam. I will share the recipe for the same here.
Try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
Egg Masala Curry Preparation:
- Grind the garlic into a paste in a mixer.
- Add coconut oil to the pan and add sliced onion, green chillies and saute till onion become brownish.
- Add tomato, garlic paste (#1), curry leaves to the pan and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Add the masala’s to the pan and saute. (if needed, coconut oil can be added).
- Drop the eggs into the pan and mix it well with the mixture.
- Cover the lid for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Add water, salt, garam masala and cover it with the lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with appam, idiyappam, porotta or pathiri.
- Use low flame for #4. It will prevent masala from getting burned.
- If you need more spicy, add chilly powder and garam masala. You can even add it in step #7.
Don't forget to try our other egg recipes also.
This entry was written on
July 25th, 2015 by Renoos
and tagged with how to make egg masala
, egg curry recipe
, egg masala curry
, non vegetarian
, kerala egg curry recipe
, how to make egg curry
, egg curry
. Last revised on August 4th, 2015.
More mouth watering recipes!
Tried & Tasted by
I'm Renoos, officially called as Dr Regina M, a doctor at profession, good wife at home and a budding cook in Kitchen. I'm completely in love with food and you'll most likely find me covered in flour, chocolate or both if I am not at the hospital :) You can follow Renoos at :