Prepration time:30 Minutes
Persons served: 6 Persons
- Boiled egg : 6 Nos
- Onion : 3 medium sized, vertically sliced
- Green chillies : 5Nos vertically sliced
- Tomatoes : 1 medium sized sliced
- Chilly powder : 11/2 tsp
- Coriander powder : 3 tsp
- Garam masala : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/4 spoon
- Garlic : 8 cloves
- Coconut oil : 3tsp
- Curry leaves : 1 stem
- Water : as needed
- Salt : as needed
This morning we had my mom’s special egg masala curry with Appam. I will share the recipe for the same here.
Try this recipe and let me know your feedback.
Egg Masala Curry Preparation:
- Grind the garlic into a paste in a mixer.
- Add coconut oil to the pan and add sliced onion, green chillies and saute till onion become brownish.
- Add tomato, garlic paste (#1), curry leaves to the pan and cook till tomatoes become soft.
- Add the masala’s to the pan and saute. (if needed, coconut oil can be added).
- Drop the eggs into the pan and mix it well with the mixture.
- Cover the lid for 5 minutes in a low flame.
- Add water, salt, garam masala and cover it with the lid.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot with appam, idiyappam, porotta or pathiri.
- Use low flame for #4. It will prevent masala from getting burned.
- If you need more spicy, add chilly powder and garam masala. You can even add it in step #7.