- Water : 1 cup
- Butter : 100g
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Plain flour : 1cup
- Eggs : 6
- Cherry : 250gm
- Egg yolks : 8
- Corn starch : 3table spoon
- Water :450 ml
- Sweet condensed milk : 1 tin
This French delicacy is a decadent and crispy pastry, oozing with delicious custard. Try this creamy cherry eclair recipe at home yourself and let me know your comments. I am sure your kids will love this recipe.
Cherry eclair recipe – Preparation
- In a large saucepan combine the water, butter and salt. Bring to the boil then add the flour.
- Stir over medium heat for five minutes to get a thick mixture. Pour into a bowl and gradually add the eggs, beating until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a piping bag with a round nozzle. Make 10 cm bars on a non-stick pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degress Celsius for 15 minutes until the eclairs have a crispy texture.
- For the cherry custard, put the cherry puree in a pan and heat for 10-15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- I a bowl, mix the egg yolks and cornstarch together until smooth. Boil the water and the sweetened condensed milk in a saucepan, then add to the mixture. Cook over a low heat until the mixture takes on a firmer texture.
- Add the cherry puree, mix and set to coll in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Slice the eclairs horizontally and fill with custard. For an extra top with melted chocolate.