- Chambanga / Rose apple : 1kg
- Sugar : 1kg
- Yeast : 1/2 tsp
- Water : 1ltr
This is the season of rose apples aka chambanga. We have a lot of them in our yard. Last month, seeing a lot of them getting fallen down and wasted, I thought of trying something with it. The first idea that came into my mind was making wine using these rose apples and here is the recipe of the one I made.
- Clean the chambangas well, remove the seeds and slice it into small pieces.
- Add sugar, water, yeast and keep it in a wine bottle for 21 days.
- After 21 days, open it and filter out the clear top liquids. Discard the sediments.
- Keep the liquid in the same bottle for another 21 days more.
- On day 42 you will get strong chambanga / rose apple wine.
- Serve it with cakes….
- Adding 4 or 5 cloves (grambu) can make it more kicking.