- Mutton pieces : 1 Kg
- Cooking oil : 2 tbl spoon
- Onion (sliced into thin pieces) : 2 medium sized
- Coriander powder : 2 tbl spoon
- Chilly powder : 11/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- Ginger : 1 inch piece
- Garlic : 6cloves
- Cinnamon / Karuvapatta :1 inch piece
- Clove / Gramboo : 3 nos
- KasKas / white poppy seeds : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeerakam : 1/2tsp
- Grinded coconut : 2 cps
- Gambooge / Kudampuli / Vadakkan puli : 2 nos
- Coriander leaves / Malliyila : 1 twig
My grand mother prepares mutton curry in a different method using gambooge / Kudampuli / Vadakkan puli. During my childhood days on every visit there, I wondered how she prepares it differently. Recently only I learned that, its the gambooge tha’ts giving the different taste to her preparation. Try this spicy mutton curry recipe yourself and let me know your comments. You can serve it with Appam, Idiyappam, Pathiri etc..
Preparation of mutton curry
- Cook mutton with salt.
- Blend together Corriander powder, Chilly powder, Turmeric powder, Ginger, garlic, cloves, cinnamon, white poppy seeds, cumin seeds and the coconut.
- In a pan, pour some oil and add the onions. Saute it till onions become brownish.
- Add the mix (#2) in to the pan and saute it for another 10 minutes in low flame.
- Add the mutton pieces and pour some water. Cook it for some time.
- Add the gambooge.
- Move the curry into a dish and decorate with the Coriander leaves over it.