Milk peda aka Doodh peda / palkova / Paal peda is one of the simple but most delicious and tastiest milk product. This traditional Indian sweet is made with condensed milk and milk powder and flavored with cardamom and pistachios.
Milk pedas are prepared mainly during the festival season like Diwali, Poojas etc. In North India, milk pedas are distributed among friends and neighbors to share the joy of birth of a male child in the family (If its a female child they distribute Burfi). This recipe will teach you how to make the Indian Milk peda at home easily.
Milk peda preparation
- Heat a heavy bottom broad pan.
- Add butter and melt it. Add all other ingredients one by one and mix very well.
- Stir occasionally until it get a thick consistency.
- Wear a glove while stirring, at this point, there is a chance of spluttering.
- Lower the flame and stir very well without taking hands.
- The batter gets more thicker and you can see the sides gets separated while you stir.
- When all of its water content is dried, switch off the flame. (It takes around 45 minutes or more).
- Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Apply a touch of ghee on the palm and make small balls out of it, just press the middle and arrange in a buttered wax paper.
You can keep the milk pedas in an airtight container, as it is difficult to eat and finish in a day or two!