- Flour : 2 Cups (Can use either Maida / wheat flour)
- Baking Powder : 2 leveled teaspoons
- Eggs : 4 in room temperature
- Sugar : 1 cup (2 cups, if need more sugar)
- Fresh Cream : ½ to 1 cup
- Oil : 1 cup
- Vanilla essence : ½ teaspoon
- Cocoa Powder : 2 tablespoons
- Salt a pinch
Marble cake is a cake made by very lightly blending light and dark batter together to get a streaked or mottled appearance (like marble). Usually Vanilla and Chocolates are used as the blending mixtures.
Here is a quick recipe for preparing marble cake from scratch. Try it and let us know your comments.
Marble cake preparation
- Sieve flour along with baking powder thrice. This will help baking powder to spread in the flour evenly.
- Powder the sugar.
- In a large bowl, add the powdered sugar and oil. Beat it until it becomes creamy.
- Add in eggs one by one and beat them.
- Add the vanilla essence and salt.
- Keep the beater aside and then add fresh cream and mix it well with a spatula.
- Add in the flour mixture spoon by spoon and fold with the wet ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter to another bowl and mix cocoa powder in this. This is our chocolate cake batter. Remember, cocoa powder should also be sieved to avoid the lumps in it.
- When the batter is ready, lets preheat the Oven to 180 degree.
- Grease a 9” round tin or loafs and arrange parchment sheet in the bottom.
- Use two ladles in two bowls.
- First add a ladle full of chocolate batter in the center of the tin. Then another ladle of vanilla batter on the middle of the chocolate batter. Do not shake. The batter itself will spread the bottom. Repeat the same steps until both the batters are finished.
- If you are using loaf, add the vanilla batter in the bottom and it should be filled from one side to other side. You can use your imaginations to get different designs in the marble cake.
- Bake the cake in the preheated Oven for about 30 minutes or until it’s done in 180 degree.
- Use a tooth pick to check the middle of the cake. If the toothpick is dry, the cake is done. If, its wet or moist, continue baking for the next two three minutes and check.
- Transfer the baked cake tin to a wire rack to get it cool.
- Run a knife through the sides of the cake, to remove easily.
- While preparing batter, if it is too thick, you can add ¼ to ½ cup of milk to get the desired consistency.
- Cocoa batter should be a little thicker than the vanilla batter.
We have other cake recipes also. Try them.
- How to make Healthy wheat cake? - Easy to prepare Wheat Cake recipe
- Recipe for preparing Pistachio Walnut Cake at home.
- How to make traditional Christmas Plum Cakes - Plum cake recipe
- How to make Checkerboard cakes - Checkerboard cake baking tutorial
- Delicious Molten Lava Cake Recipe - Lava cake preparation
- How to make Easy Cream Ghee Cake - Ghee Cake recipes video tutorial