- Dates : 4Cups (Seeds removed)
- Khova : 2 Cups
- Grinded coconut : 2 Cups
- Sugar : 1/2 Cup
- Almonds : 1/2 Cup grinded
- Ghee : 3/4 cup
- KasKas / Sesame : 1/2 Cup
- Cardamom powder : 1tsp
Looking to make some tasty foods using dates?, then you should try this. Dates are rich in Iron and they also provide a wide range of essential nutrients, and are a very good source of dietary potassium. The sugar content of ripe dates is about 80% and the remainder consists of protein, fiber, and trace elements. Similarly laddus are also a tasty and good south indian food. When you combine dates with Laddu’s the duo tastes better.
Laddu recipe preparation
- Grind the finely chopped dates into a fine paste and keep it in a bowl.
- In a pan, add ghee and the dates paste. Fry it for some time.
- Add Khova, coconut, sugar to the pan and saute in a low flame.
- Add cardamom powder and almonds. Keep saute.
- Keep on stirring until the paste gets separated from the sides of the pan.
- Transfer it into a tray and let it cool.
- Make small balls of Laddu’s when the mixture gets cooled.
- In a flat dish add sesame seeds or grinded conconut and roll the laddu over it to get it decorated.
- Adding a little Cashew too to the preparation will make it more tasty.
Give it to the Kids and they will love its taste. 🙂