Prepration time:45 Minutes
Persons served: 5 Persons
- Boneless chicken : ½ kg
- Red chilly powder : 1 tsp
- Pepper powder : 1 tsp
- Butter : 2 tablespoon
- Onion : 1 cup (Sliced small)
- Ginger garlic paste : 2 tbsp
- Green chilly paste : 1 tbsp
- All purpose flour (maida) : 2 cups
- Beaten eggs : 2 nos
- Breadcrumbs & Semolina (Rava) mix : 2 cup
- Salt : as needed
- Water : 1 cup
Its the 2nd day of Holy Ramadan and we prepared this meat rolls for our iftar. Its really easy to prepare and tasty meat rolls even without baking. 😀
Meat roll preparation
- Pressure cook the boneless chicken pieces with red chilly powder, pepper powder, salt and ½ cups of water up to 4 whistles.
- Allow it to cool and mince the meat.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl well and keep it aside.
- In a pan add butter, onion, ginger garlic paste, green chilly paste and saute it till onions become brownish.
- Transfer the minced meat into the pan and mix them well.
- Heat it in low flame for around five minutes.
- Mix the all purpose flour (Maida) with water and salt to make a batter similar to that for Dosa (Semi liquid consistency).
- Heat a tawa in another stove, lower the flame and pour one spoon full of batter in to the tawa and rotate with the back of a spoon to get the circular shape (Maida appam).
- After 2-3 minutes flip the “Maida appam” and get the other side also cooked.
- When the “Maida appam” is ready, transfer it into a plate and take some of the meat mixture and spread it on top center of “Maida appam”.
- Now roll it from sides and seal it on the both edges.
- Dip each of the rolled “Maida appam” in the beaten eggs and then into the breadcrumbs – semolina mix, making sure that all sides are nicely coated (Similar to Chicken cutlet).
- Repeat steps 8 to 12 with remaining batter.
- In another pan heat the oil and fry the coated “Maida appams” in medium flame till they become golden brown. Don’t forget to flip them in between.
- Transfer them to a Kitchen tissue and drain the excess oil.
- Serve it hot with tomato ketchup.