- Cleaned Squid : 500gm
- Radish / Turnips : 500gm
- Medium onion, sliced : ½ cup
- Green onions : 3 stalks
- Carrots,peeled & halved : 4
- Minced garlic : 4 cloves
- Red pepper flakes : 4tbsp
- Soy sauce : 4tbsp
- Fish sauce : 4tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful chopped fresh coriander
We are excited in introducing our first soup recipe. For a difference, we are sharing you with the exclusive squid soup recipe shared by our subscriber Shirly James. I am sure you all will love this sea food soup. Though it’s a very easy to make soup, it smells and tastes great. This is also great for a cold day or when you’re recovering from some illness.
Directions for squid soup preparation.
- Clean the squid well and cut it into 3 inch x ½ inch strips.
- Slice the radish / turnips, carrots thinly into bite–sized pieces.
- Cut the green onions into 2 inch long pieces.
- In a soup pot place all ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- Add 5 cups of water and bring it to a boil over high heat for around 15 minutes.
- Turn down the heat over medium and cook for another 25 minutes until the radish (will become translucent) / turnip is cooked.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves (മല്ലിയില).
- Serve hot with more side dishes.
Have you tried it? Then let me know your thoughts and comments on it.