- Ripe bananas : 4 medium sized
- Eggs, beaten : 2
- Milk : 3 table spoon
- All purpose flour / Maida : 3/4 Cup
- Grated coconut : 1/2 Cup
- Confectioners' sugar : 1/2 cup
- Margarine, melted : 1 tablespoon
- Powdered cardamom : 1/ 2 teaspoon
- Salt : a pinch
- Vegetable oil : for frying
- Baking powder : 2 pinch (Optional)
- Chopped cashew nuts : 1/2 Cup (Optional)
Banana fritters is a deep fried snack food, prepared from an easy to make batter. The batter is prepared with mashed bananas, milk and all purpose flour.
This is an easy to prepare 4’O clock snack for your kids. I hope you all will try this is easy to prepare sweet banana fritters recipe and will share your outcome.
Banana fritters preparation
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas and add the milk. Blend it thoroughly with hand.
- Blend in the eggs.
- Add the flour along with baking powder, grated coconut, cardamom, cashew nuts, confectioners sugar and margarine.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Drop spoonfuls (2 to 3 inches in diameter) of the batter into the hot oil.
- Reduce the flame to medium.
- Fry in batches until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Drain on absorbent paper, keeping the cooked fritters in a warm oven.
- Top them with maple syrup or honey and serve.
- The consistency of the batter should be gelly like. It should not be too much liquid.
- Add sugar only after tasting the batter. If the banana is sweet, do add little sugar only.