- 1 cup Red Kidney Beans (Rajma)
- 1 Brown Onion (medium), chopped
- 1 Tomato (big), chopped
- 1/4 cup Full Cream
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilly Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
How much I love North-Indian gravies!!! I have tasted at many restaurants, specifically dhabas before and then tried making them at home. You can mark Rajma or Chhole to be their staple-food forever, but making 10 different finger-licking good dishes using Rajma is an art in itself 🙂 . I’m on a marathon to try most of them in my kitchen… This time it’s ‘Malai Rajma’!!! This rich, creamy gravy is the best one to have with flat breads… Even works great with a bowl of steamed rice n a dollop of mango pickle! 😛
Malai Rajma preparation
- Soak rajma overnight in water. Pressure-cook it for 3 whistles and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-pan and add cumin seeds, hing into it.
- Once it crackles, add ginger-garlic paste and onions. Saute it for around 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook again for a min.
- Add cooked rajma, curd and all the spices into it. Mix everything well.
- Cook it for 3-4 mins. Make sure it’s not mashed at all.
- Serve hot with Naan/Paratha 🙂