Prepration time: 60 Minutes
Persons served: 5 Persons
- All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
- Eggs - 2 In room temperature
- Fresh cream - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Melted and cooled ghee - 4 table spoon
- Baking Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Don't know about an ingredient?
Check our food dictionary!
Check our food dictionary!
Have you ever heard about / tried the Ghee Cake from Cochin Bakery? The Ghee cake from this bakery is well known one. Try this recipe for the same delicious drool-worthy ghee cake.
This is almost similar to pound cakes, except for replacing butter with ghee and a soft texture than pound cake.
Ghee Cake preparation
- Sieve all purpose flour with baking powder thrice and keep it aside.
- Powder sugar in a mixer and transfer it to a big bowl. Add melted ghee and beat with a wooden spoon until the structure turns creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat. Then add fresh cream and mix well. At last add sifted all purpose flour spoon by spoon and mix carefully.
- Preheat the convection oven in 180 degree.
- Grease a cake tin and dust with flour and remove the excess flour. Pour the batter to this tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 180 degree. Remove the tin to a wire rack and cool it. Run a knife along the sides of the cake tin to De-mold the cake.
- Decorate it with whipping cream or chocolate Ganache of your choice.
Ghee Cake preparation video
Here is a quick video I made on how to prepare it. Non Keralites please forgive me coz, its in Malayalam. In the video, I have doubled the volume and some decorations too.
This is my first post for CheenaChatti. Do try it and let me know your comments and thoughts. Hope you all will enjoy this cake!
We have other cake recipes also. Try them.
- How to make Healthy wheat cake? - Easy to prepare Wheat Cake recipe
- How to make traditional Christmas Plum Cakes - Plum cake recipe
- How to make Checkerboard cakes - Checkerboard cake baking tutorial
- Recipe for preparing Pistachio Walnut Cake at home.
- Delicious Molten Lava Cake Recipe - Lava cake preparation
- How to make marble cake - Marble cake recipe
August 5, 2013 at 11:14 pm
It’s time to celebrate!!! Welcoming a new member of CC team, with her own post of this lovely cake 😉
August 6, 2013 at 4:49 am
Hello, enjoyed watching ur video!!! But in audio part, I was more concentrated on music 😛 Didn’t understand the language you spoke 🙁 A lovely recipe…
August 6, 2013 at 3:53 pm
Thanks for watching…
August 6, 2013 at 8:37 am
finally i made , athira’s ghee cake with slight variation. added 1/4 tsp salt, and 3/4 tsp vanilla essence, came out so well, super soft nd literally melts in mouth 🙂 thank u athira for sharing the recipe 🙂
August 6, 2013 at 11:18 am
@ Vinnie Manu Jayakumar – Your cake looks unbelievably beautiful..!! thanks mate for trying…
August 6, 2013 at 11:00 am
August 6, 2013 at 11:16 am
Thanks for the encouragement dear friends!! 🙂
August 6, 2013 at 3:16 pm
Wow….thanks a lot for such a wonderful CAKE!!! even before making …. viewing your video itself we all got watery mounth!!!! Thanks Athira!
August 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm
😀 im quite happy to hear your words.. thank you so much. Looking forward for more support..
October 9, 2014 at 5:47 am
all your works just awesome,,, congrats………..keep going , all the best.
April 30, 2015 at 4:44 am
great recipe of the ghee cake, came out really well…….
September 7, 2015 at 12:50 pm
Thank you Anusha. Please try athira’s other cake recipes too. They are really nice.
September 8, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Could u explain procedures for cream making at home….from vedeo i could’nt make it…
November 23, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Athira Sooraj will be able to help you better on this.
February 12, 2016 at 4:03 am
This is divine!!! I am hedead over so I can try a slice 🙂 !! Love these photos too. Your blog just keeps getting better and better with every read!! xo
January 9, 2016 at 8:07 pm
just watched your ghee cake recipe video…your explanation is super. Also the cake looks yummy. I have doubt abt measurements. I ‘m using 200 ml cup and i dont have weighing machine. So can u help me in measuring flour in an ml cup?
February 4, 2017 at 4:51 pm
Thanks Athira. Tried your recipe. Turned out awesome..i added a few sliced almonds too. was yum.
November 19, 2017 at 1:02 pm
Very nicely told and shown! Am going to make. Thank you.
January 25, 2018 at 6:48 pm
Made Christmas plump cake according to your recipe everyone loved it . Demand increased it was too delicious