- All purpose flour - 3/4 cup
- Eggs - 2 In room temperature
- Fresh cream - 1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Melted and cooled ghee - 4 table spoon
- Baking Powder - 3/4 teaspoon
Have you ever heard about / tried the Ghee Cake from Cochin Bakery? The Ghee cake from this bakery is well known one. Try this recipe for the same delicious drool-worthy ghee cake.
This is almost similar to pound cakes, except for replacing butter with ghee and a soft texture than pound cake.
Ghee Cake preparation
- Sieve all purpose flour with baking powder thrice and keep it aside.
- Powder sugar in a mixer and transfer it to a big bowl. Add melted ghee and beat with a wooden spoon until the structure turns creamy.
- Add 1 egg at a time and beat. Then add fresh cream and mix well. At last add sifted all purpose flour spoon by spoon and mix carefully.
- Preheat the convection oven in 180 degree.
- Grease a cake tin and dust with flour and remove the excess flour. Pour the batter to this tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes in 180 degree. Remove the tin to a wire rack and cool it. Run a knife along the sides of the cake tin to De-mold the cake.
- Decorate it with whipping cream or chocolate Ganache of your choice.
Ghee Cake preparation video
Here is a quick video I made on how to prepare it. Non Keralites please forgive me coz, its in Malayalam. In the video, I have doubled the volume and some decorations too.
This is my first post for CheenaChatti. Do try it and let me know your comments and thoughts. Hope you all will enjoy this cake!
Don't forget to try our other cake recipes also.
- How to make traditional Christmas Plum Cakes - Plum cake recipe
- How to make Healthy wheat cake? - Easy to prepare Wheat Cake recipe
- Recipe for preparing Pistachio Walnut Cake at home.
- Delicious Molten Lava Cake Recipe - Lava cake preparation
- How to make Checkerboard cakes - Checkerboard cake baking tutorial
- How to make marble cake - Marble cake recipe