- Aval/White rice flakes : 60grams
- Milk : 3/4 litre-1 liter (Boiled)
- Sugar : 1 cup (You can add according to your taste)
- Cardamom : 3 (To be powdered)
- Almonds : 6 numbers
- Cashew nuts : 6 numbers
- Ghee : 3 table spoons
- Rose Gulkand : 1 table spoon
Aval payasam is a quick and easy to make dessert / pudding. Its made using Aval aka poha which is said to be the favorite of Lord Krishna. So South Indians, usually prepare this during the gokulaashtami festival.
This recipe is really simple one. I hope you all will try it and let me know the outcome.
How to make Aval Payasam?
- Heat a thick bottomed vessel and add 1 table spoon ghee.
- Fry chopped cashew nuts and almonds in it.
- When its golden brown in colour, remove them to a saucer.
- Add rest of the ghee to the vessel and let it melt.
- Add rice flakes and fry until its crispy.
- Add boiled milk and heat until the rice flakes are cooked and the kheer is thick. Stir continuously.
- Add sugar and cook in a low flame. Stir continuously.
- Add powdered cardamom and the fried cashew nuts and almond pieces.
- At last add rose gulkand and mix well.
- Let it bubble. Switch off. Serve hot or cold.