Prepration time:1 Hour
Persons served: 6 Persons
- Chicken piece : 1kg (thigh and leg pieces 15pieces)
- Onion : 4 medium sized thinly sliced
- Chopped ginger : 1 table spoon
- Garlic : 10 cloves
- Green chillie : 8nos
- Cashew nuts : 50gm
- KasKas / White poppy seeds : 1tsp
- Coconut milk : 500 ml
- Garam masala : 1/2 tsp
- Chicken masala : 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil : 3tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder : 2tsp
- Curry Leaves : 1 sprig
- Coriander leaves : 1-2 sprig
- Salt : as needed
Chicken Korma Preparation
- Soak Cashew nut and KasKas (white poppy seeds) in 1 cup of water and make it into a paste after 15 minutes.
- Add coconut oil in a frying pan and add sliced onion, sliced green chillies, chopped ginger, sliced garlic cloves and saute till onion becomes brownish.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder and keep saute.
- Take it into a flat plate and let it cool. Make it into a paste in a mixer.
- Take a big frying pan and add the paste to it.
- Pour coconut milk (add 3/4th volume).
- Add chicken pieces into the pan and mix.
- Add chicken masala, garam masala, 1/2 tsp salt and cook.
- Mix well.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Add Cashew-nut and KasKas paste (#1) into the pan.
- Add remaining coconut milk and curry leaves, coriander leaves.
- Cover the lid and cook in medium flame.
- Serve it hot with Appam / pathiri / bread 🙂
- Use big pieces of chicken.
Tell me your comments if you have tried it or if you are using a different preparation.
Check these chicken recipes also.
- How to prepare spicy Chicken pepper fry easily at home
- Chicken Stew, Kerala recipe
- Chicken filled Caterpillar Buns / Croissants -Tasty Croissant recipe
- How to prepare Kerala special Pepper Chicken curry at home?
- How to make tasty chicken pockets snacks with leftover chicken?
- Chicken buns - Prepare tasty & yummy stuffed chicken buns