- For bread Pockets
- Bread : 6nos.
- For coating
- Egg : 1
- Pepper & chilli flakes optional
- Oil for deep frying
- Filling ingredients
- Chicken : 250gms
- Carrot : 1 chopped finely
- Capsicum : 1 chopped finely
- Cabbage : 1/4 grated finely
- Corn kernels 1/2 boiled & crushed (give 1 pulse in mixer grinder)
- Butter or oil : 2tsp
- Green Chilli paste : 1-2tsp (depends on how spicy you want)
- Mayonnaise : 3 tbsp
- Turmeric : 1/2 tsp
- Pepper : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : to taste
Pocket chicken is an easy to make snack. It can be made from leftover chicken. Great snack for kids as it has vegetables & chicken combo. Can add any vegetables of your choice. Its quick to make.
Chicken pockets preparation
- Roll bread to flatten it. Now cut it in round shape with help of a glass & cutter /knife.
- Now place 1 bread on top of another, seal the edges with little water.
- Now dip it in beaten egg. Then roll over in breadcrumbs which is mixed with chilli flakes & pepper (optional).
- Now deep fry bread, remove when slight golden. Now let it cool.
- Now cut the rounded bread from middle to make it a semicircle.
- Now you can open the semicircle like pocket & fill it with fillings.
Preparation of filling for chicken pockets:
- Boil chicken with salt, turmeric & black pepper. Now shred the chicken.
- In a pan put butter or oil & saute finely chopped carrot, capsicum & cabbage. Season with salt.
- Now add corn kernels & chilli paste. Stir fry for few minutes till the raw smell goes. Then switch off the flame & let the mixture cool a bit.
- Now add shredded chicken & mayonnaise with the mixture & mix it well. Now taste to check for seasonings & adjust accordingly – your filling is ready now open the bread pocket & fill it.
- Serve hot and crispy chicken pockets with tomato sauce or any dipping of your choice.
Do you need more chicken recipes?
- Chicken korma recipe - How to make tasty Chicken Korma?
- Chicken buns - Prepare tasty & yummy stuffed chicken buns
- Chicken Stew, Kerala recipe
- How to prepare spicy Chicken pepper fry easily at home
- Chicken filled Caterpillar Buns / Croissants -Tasty Croissant recipe
- How to prepare Kerala special Pepper Chicken curry at home?