- White Rice (Pachari) - 1 big handful
- Milk (with more fat content) - 5 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup heaped (Same measurement as the milk cup)
Pal payasam (paal payasam) aka rice milk pudding is a very classic Kerala dessert prepared during celebrations and festival seasons. Onasadhya / Kerala feast is never complete without serving paal payasam at the end.
This is an easy to prepare pal payasam recipe with just three ingredients. I hope, you all will try this and let me know your comments.
Pal payasam preparation
- Wash and thoroughly dry the white rice. Give a pulse movement in a mixer (for 2 sec).
- Keep a pressure pan on the stove, Flame it and pour the milk in it.
- Add sugar, stir it until the sugar dissolves.
- Lower the flame and keep it in sim. Later add cracked white rice.
- Stir for a minute and close the cooker lid tightly.
- Put the weight on and let it cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Do not allow the whistle to come. If the whistle is about to come, switch it off for some time and again flame it in sim.
- Adjust the cooking time for around 35 minutes.
- Switch it off and leave as it is.
- The more time you keep it untouched, the more it tastes good and thus the color changes from white to pink!!
- Open up and enjoy!
- Do not add any fragrance/spices or nuts. The payasam is as delicious as it is!