- Chicken pieces (medium sized) : 1 Kg
- Chilly powder : 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- Pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
- Ginger : 1 inch piece
- Garlic : 6 cloves
- Coconut oil : 2 table spoon
- Onion (sliced into thin pieces) : 2 nos
- Gambooge / Kudampuli / Vadakkan puli : 2 nos
- Water : as needed
- Salt : as needed
Here is another dish with chicken. Most of you may have taken this Chicken pepper fry from outside restaurants but wondered of how to prepare them at home. Then here it is. Next time when you have a guest at home try this and make them love your foods. 🙂
Directions for preparing chicken pepper fry
- Blend the garlic and ginger into a fine paste.
- Mix it with the chilly powder, turmeric powder, pepper powder and salt in a bowl and blend it well.
- Apply it to the chicken pieces and keep it for 30 to 45 minutes.
- In a pan, pour the oil and add the onions. Saute it till the onions become golden brown.
- Add the chicken pieces to the pan and heat it for around 15 minutes in a low flame.
- Add some water to the pan and allow the chicken to get cooked.
- When the chicken gets cooked, add the gambooge.
- Keep it in low flame until the water dries up and the preparation becomes dark (Depending on your choice, you can adjust the thickness of gravy).
Feel free to share your thoughts and preparations below and let me also get some more ideas.
Do you need more chicken recipes?
- Chicken filled Caterpillar Buns / Croissants -Tasty Croissant recipe
- Chicken korma recipe - How to make tasty Chicken Korma?
- How to prepare Kerala special Pepper Chicken curry at home?
- How to make tasty chicken pockets snacks with leftover chicken?
- Chicken buns - Prepare tasty & yummy stuffed chicken buns