- Roe / Panajil / Mananjil : 250mg
- Water : 500ml
- Chilly powder : 1 tablespoon
- Green chillie : 5 nos, vertically sliced
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves : 1 sprig
- Coconut oil : 3tsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
Check our food dictionary!
The roe (Mananjil / Paringil) of marine animals, such as the roe of sardine, lumpsucker, hake and salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids.
This food is a good source of Vitamin C, Thiamin, Folate and a very good source of Protein, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus and Selenium etc. Unfortunately as its the egg yolk, it is very high in Cholesterol too. So even if this food appears tempting, restrict the intake depending on your lipid profiles 🙂
Check out this excellent roe recipe of the Mananjil thoran / Caviar Stir fry which you may not have tasted before. Don’t forget to share your thoughts and comments after trying this.
Salmon roe recipes – Stir fry
- In a frying pan take cleaned roe and add water, chilly powder, turmeric powder, curry leaves, salt, green chilly and one teaspoon coconut oil to it.
- Boil all the ingredients until the water evaporates completely.
- Add more water and boil again, if the roe is not softened well.
- Add remaining 2tsp coconut oil to it and stir to make it dry.
- Get the contact number of the fish seller and pre-book the roe in advance to get good quality of it in bulk.
- Add more chilly powder to make it more spicy.
The image in this recipe is prepared using sardine roe.
November 20, 2015 at 11:31 am
what is better to put caviar from these https://www.red-caviar.com in this dish? I a little that in it understand, in general on what to pay attention at purchase of caviar?